A Few Pages In, and I'm Hooked!


Maybe it's my obsession with amusement parks, and Cedar Point in particular, but I just picked up Joyland last night at Half Price Books, and I'm loving it so far. I went on a book-buying spree last night, and I have plenty to do with my two classes. That's why I left the stack of books in the car last night, because i was afraid that if I brought this in, it would replace my bedtime reading, which was for school.

I can't help it. I love Stephen King's writing. Not all of it, mind you, but Hearts in Atlantis was a book that I'd tried, but it didn't grab me. A few years later, I reread it obsessively one summer as I was writing some semi-autobiographical stories of my own.

Looking forward to Joyland! And since I'm going to Cedar Point again soon, I'm planning to take it with me so I can have something to read if I decide to pack my lunch and eat in the car. While I love Cedar Point, unless you go with name-brand food choices (Subway, Panda Express, etc.) the food quality isn't good. Even so, sometimes the major players disappoint. Like that one time I went to Tony Roma's was so disappointing, I couldn't believe I'd paid over $20 for greasy, bland food.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life