Not So Happy Labor Day

I had plans to go to Shipshewana on Labor Day. Among other things, they have a giant flea market. I hadn't been there all summer, so I figured Labor Day would be a good time to do it.

I set my alarm, but really wasn't feeling too energetic. I did wake up, but debated whether or not to go. I let my dog out, and cleaned up the poop in the kitchen. She usually doesn't have accidents, but whatever. I got breakfast for Daphne and my cat, Summit, and went back to bed.

Eventually I decided to go. I thought that I could do a Shipshewana Fashion Parade Flea Market edition. So I got up, showered, prepared to let Daphne out before I left, and found more poop in the kitchen...with bright red blood in it.

Daphne seemed okay, but I called the emergency vet place. I took her in, and despite of (or in spite of) being a holiday, they were busy. I spent about three hours there, but Daphne's blood work came back perfect. They sent her home with instructions for a bland diet for the next five days, along with some meds.

I'm thinking she had one too many DentaStix. She loves those things, but they do have quite sharp edges for being dog treats. So no more of those. My plans got derailed that day, and I spent a lot more than I would have at the flea market, but these things happen for a reason. Daphne is enjoying her hamburger and white rice (but not enjoying the meds). When I last saw her poop, it was normal. So that's a relief.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life