Mini Movie Monday

Years ago, I wrote an article for a website called Viewshound. They offered prizes every day. I won $50 for my article I wrote about how to be a better retail customer. It was published right around Black Friday about three years ago, I think. I planned to make a series of videos based on the tips I listed in the article. Here is a brief video on one of the points I wrote about. If retail associates seem out of it, or look very tired, it is probably because of the scheduling. "Clopens" are when you close the night before, and have to be back in at 5 or 6 a.m. I also remember one time when I worked nine days in a row before I had a day off. Nine days of working first, then second shift can wreck your sleep schedule.

There are mornings where I had to open and I have no idea what I did. I mean, I did the opening stuff I had to do, but I really don't remember anything else besides that. There are times when we screw up. The customer can tell us specifically what type of paint they want, but there are times when I made a whole gallon when they just wanted a quart. Or, the wrong color was scanned in. It happens. But I've never accidentally made pink paint when a customer specifically wanted flat black.

And the managers work grueling schedules too. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life