Saturday



I had an unexpected Saturday off. I could have attended the Everclear/Fuel concert, but I chose not to. I really like Everclear and Fuel, and there were a couple of other bands playing, but I was afraid I'd start crying during "I Will Buy You A New Life" and "Take a Picture." The 90s weren't perfect, but I had a pretty good time. I had a family who loved me. I had a job I liked. I had time to have fun with friends. My whole life seemed ahead of me and there was plenty of time to figure things out. Hearing these songs would trigger emotions that I really didn't want to deal with. I've done enough crying this past month, so I decided to have some fun. I did, however, take in the Lawton Park Flea Market.


The candlesticks are pretty much standard flea market fare, but that wooden dildo-looking thing on the left??? That definitely caught my eye.

That's racist!

The first adult in a wagon picture this year!
I love that kid's outfit!


General "Mad" Anthony Wayne rebronzed, rerested, and ready.


And his horse's balls aren't blue anymore, like they were for a long time.

I always feel sorry for orphan hubcaps. 

It was a shock to see so many people dressed up on a Saturday afternoon. Especially in Fort Wayne, where people don't even dress up for their own funerals.

At last--a slice of cheese pizza, courtesy of Pint and Slice. It was a bargain at $7.29, which also got me a decent-sized salad and a drink.

It's not the library anymore. It's the libeery.

The bonus hole at Paige's Crossing. I got a hole in one on this, so I got a free game.

See! I didn't lie!

My favorite arcade game ever.

My final score on the left. I made it to stage 22 I think.

My continually terrible hit/miss ratio.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life